flink-user mailing list archives

From Fabian Hueske <fhue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: quesiont related to store location of save point when using file:///, instead of s3 and hdfs
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2017 16:47:08 GMT
Hi,

if you use the MemoryStateBackend, the state is shipped from the TMs to the
JM. The JM holds the state in its own memory (i.e., on the JVM heap).
This means that the MemoryStateBackend is not reliable by design and rather
meant for testing and running Flink in your IDE.

If you want to persist the state in a distributed filesystem, you should
use the FSStateBackend. Similar to the MemoryStateBackend, the
FSStateBackend stores the data on the TM's heap, but on a checkpoint the
state is written into a configurable FS directory.

Best, Fabian