flink-user mailing list archives

From Dominik Safaric <dominiksafa...@gmail.com>
Subject FlinkKafkaConsumer010 - creating a data stream of type DataStream<ConsumerRecord<K,V>>
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 19:51:51 GMT
Hi,

Unfortunately I cannot find the option of using raw ConsumerRecord<K,V> instances when
creating a Kafka data stream.

In general, I would like to use an instance of the mentioned type because our use case requires
certain metadata such as record offset and partition.

So far I’ve examined the source code of the Kafka connector and checked the docs, but unfortunately
I could not find the option of creating a data stream of the type DataStream<ConsumerRecord<K,V>>.

Am I missing something or in order to have this ability I have to implement it myself and
build Flink from source?

Thanks in advance,
Dominik