flink-user mailing list archives

From Radu Tudoran <radu.tudo...@huawei.com>
Subject concurrency?
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2017 07:34:37 GMT
Hi,

I would like to use a processFunction to accumulate elements. Therefore in the processElement
function I will accumulate this element into a state. However, I would like to emit the output
only 1ms later. Therefore I would register a timer to trigger one second later and read the
state and emit it.
However, I am curious of what happens if in the next ms another event arrives. In principle
both the processElement function and the onTimer function should be triggered in the same
time.  My question is: is there a fix order to execute them?  Because if any of them work
just like normal threads, than concurrency related issues could happen when accessing the
state.