flink-user mailing list archives

From Dominik Safaric <dominiksafa...@gmail.com>
Subject flink/cancel <job_id> & shutdown hooks
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2017 22:58:46 GMT
Hi all,

I would appreciate for any help or advice in regard to default Java runtime shutdown hooks
and canceling Flink jobs.

Namely part of my Flink application I am using a Kafka interceptor class that defines a shutdown
hook thread. When stopping the Flink streaming job on my local machine the shutdown hook gets
executed, however I do not see the same behaviour when stopping the Flink application using
bin/flink cancel <job_id>.

Considering there are no exceptions thrown from the shutdown thread, what could the root cause
of this be?

Thanks,
Dominik