flink-user mailing list archives

From Timo Walther <twal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: flink/cancel <job_id> & shutdown hooks
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 08:36:53 GMT
Hi Dominik,

did you take a look into the logs? Maybe the exception is not shown in
the CLI but in the logs.

Timo

Am 07/03/17 um 23:58 schrieb Dominik Safaric:
> Hi all,
>
> I would appreciate for any help or advice in regard to default Java runtime shutdown
hooks and canceling Flink jobs.

> Namely part of my Flink application I am using a Kafka interceptor class that defines
a shutdown hook thread. When stopping the Flink streaming job on my local machine the shutdown
hook gets executed, however I do not see the same behaviour when stopping the Flink application
using bin/flink cancel <job_id>.