flink-user mailing list archives

From Xingcan Cui <xingc...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions about the V-C Iteration in Gelly
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2017 09:10:37 GMT
Hi all,

I got some question about the vertex-centric iteration in Gelly.

a)  It seems the postSuperstep method is called before the superstep
barrier (I got different aggregate values of the same superstep in this
method). Is this a bug? Or the design is just like that?

b) There is not setHalt method  for vertices. When no message received, a
vertex just quit the next iteration. Should I manually send messages (like
heartbeat) to keep the vertices active?

c) I think we may need an initialization method in the ComputeFunction.

Any opinions? Thanks.

Best,
Xingcan