flink-user mailing list archives

From Sujit Sakre <sujit.sa...@northgateps.com>
Subject Re: Inconsistent Results in Event Time based Sliding Window processing
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2017 14:09:46 GMT
Hi Nico,

Thanks for the reply.

There are no exceptions or other errors in the job/task manager logs. I am
running this example from Eclipse IDE with Kafka and Zookeeper running
separately; in the console there are no errors shown while processing.
Previously, we were missing some windows due to watermark exceeding the
upcoming data timestamps, however, that is not the case anymore.

There is a working example. I will share the code and data with you
separately on your email ID.

The results of processing are of three types:
1) Complete set of results is obtained without any missing calculations
2) A few windows (from 1 or 2 to more) are missing uniformly from
calculations
3) In a particular window, only selective data is missing, whereas other
data is processed accurately

These results are for the same set of inputs under same processing steps.

This is not predictable, and makes identification of error difficult, as
sometimes it works i.e. results of pattern #1 and sometimes results of
pattern #2 or #3 (#3 occurs less frequently, however it does take place.

*Sujit Sakre*

Senior Technical Architect
Tel: +91 22 6660 6600
Ext:
247
Direct: 6740 5247

Mobile: +91 98672 01204

www.rave-tech.com

Follow us on: Twitter <https://twitter.com/Rave_Tech> / LinkedIn
<https://in.linkedin.com/in/ravetechnologies> / YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTaO1am-cm4FqnQCGdB6ExA>

Rave Technologies – A Northgate Public Services Company
<https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Rave+Technologies/@19.0058078,72.823516,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x3bae17fcde71c3b9:0x1e2a8c0c4a075145!8m2!3d19.0058078!4d72.8257047>

--
This email is sent on behalf of Northgate Public Services (UK) Limited and
its associated companies including Rave Technologies (India) Pvt Limited

Northgate Public Services (UK) Limited, registered in England and Wales
under number 00968498 with a registered address of Peoplebuilding 2,
Peoplebuilding Estate, Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2
4NN.  Rave Technologies (India) Pvt Limited, registered in India under
number 117068 with a registered address of 2nd Floor, Ballard House, Adi
Marzban Marg, Ballard Estate, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, 400001.