flink-user mailing list archives

From "Abhishek R. Singh" <abhis...@tetrationanalytics.com>
Subject rocksdb without checkpointing
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2017 19:16:14 GMT
Is it possible to set state backend as RocksDB without asking it to checkpoint?

We are trying to do application level checkpointing (since it gives us better flexibility
to upgrade our flink pipeline and also restore state in a application specific upgrade friendly
way). So we don’t really need rocksDB to do any checkpointing. Moreover, we also observed
that there is 20s stall every hour that seems to correlate with rocksDB wanting to checkpoint.

Will the following work (effectively disable checkpointing)?
new RocksDBStateBackend("file:///dev/null")

Or is there a better way?

-Abhishek-