flink-user mailing list archives

From Antony Mayi <antonym...@yahoo.com>
Subject tasks running in parallel beyond configured parallelism/slots
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2017 11:29:58 GMT
Hi,
I am new to Flink and bit confused about the execution pipeline of my Flink job. I run it
on cluster of three task managers (flink 1.1.2) each configured with just single slot. I submit
my job with parallelism set to 3.
This is the global plan (low res - just to show the initial forking): http://pasteboard.co/weyMrFlZl.png
This is a detail of the front part: http://pasteboard.co/wez3DVvfW.png
My confusion is how comes all the parallel operations in the second column (10 operations)
are being executed at the same time if there should be capacity for max of 3 running at once?
Also they are all executed mostly on same node while the others are idle.
Thanks for anything useful,Antony.