flink-user mailing list archives

From Duck <k...@protonmail.com>
Subject Shared Object Instance over different RichMapFunctions
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 20:05:12 GMT
Hi there,

I was wondering on how my caching object, would behave in the given scenario below.

1) I create an instance of an object that performs lookups to an external resource, and caches
results.
2) I have a DataStream that i perform a map function on (with a custom RichMapFunction)
3) I have a second DataStream that i perform a map function on (with a custom RichMapFunction)
4) I set the Job parallelism to 2.

Will the multiple usage, along with parallelism duplicate my object in any way, or will it
still behave as a "shared object instance". Wondering, since this "cacheloader" will talk
to external resources, i do not want it to be say duplicated due to performance reasons on
the external resource.

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com), Swiss-based encrypted email.