flink-user mailing list archives

From "Jark Wu" <wuchong...@alibaba-inc.com>
Subject Re: Som question about Flink stream sql
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 03:01:00 GMT
Hi Yuhong,

I have assigned an issue for tumble row-window, but the progress is still under design and
discuss. The implementation of row window is more complex than group window.
I will push forward this issue in the next days.

- Jark Wu

> 在 2017年1月5日,下午7:00,Hongyuhong <hongyuhong@huawei.com> 写道:
>
> Hi Fabian,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
> As you noticed, row windows are already supported by Calcite and FLIP-11 has planned,
> Can you tell something about the progress of the row windows in Table API?
>
> Regards.
> Yuhong

implement the API. For SQL we have a dependency on Calcite.

> You are right, that Calcite's JIRA issue for group windows [1] seems to be stale. I don't
have more information on that. You could ping there and ask what the status is.
> Row windows are already supported by Calcite (SQL's OVER and WINDOW clauses), so these
could be implemented for SQL as well.
> Maybe it's even easier to start from the SQL side and add the Table API later to ensure
a compatible compilation process.

> Best, Fabian

> Hi,
> We are currently exploring on Flink streamsql ,
> And I see the group-window has been implemented in Table API, and row-window is also
planning in FLIP-11. It seems that row-window grammar is more similar to calcite over clause.
> I’m curious about the detail plan and roadmap of stream sql, cause FLIP-11 just mentioned
Table API.
> And is that streamsql priority implement row-window? Or if group-window is considered,
what is the status on calcite integration?