flink-user mailing list archives

From Paul Joireman <paul.joire...@physiq.com>
Subject Getting key from keyed stream
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2017 20:53:52 GMT
Hi all,

Is there a simple way to read the key from a KeyedStream.   Very simply I'm trying to read
a message from Kafka, separate the incoming messages by a field in the message and write the
original message back to Kafka using that field as a new topic.  I chose to partition the
incoming stream by creating a KeyedStream and using the field from the message as the key.
   The only thing left is to write the message to Kafka with a producer but i need to know
the topic to write to and for that I need to be able to read the key.   Is there a way to
do this?

Is there a better way to do this, rather than using a KeyedStream.

Paul