flink-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is there any difference between Checkpointed and CheckpointedAsynchronously?
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2017 18:30:59 GMT
Hi!

"CheckpointedAsynchronously" was a hint to the system that the state
objects could be persisted asynchronously, i.e., that the stateful function
could process data concurrently to the persisting operation.

However, this path was never implemented, so the hint was never used.

Flink 1.2 has not yet added an equivalent interface, because the interface
being there without actual support for asynchronous operator state ended up
confusing users.

Stephan