flink-user mailing list archives

From Nico <nico.franz...@gmail.com>
Subject Datastream - writeAsCsv creates empty File
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2017 10:06:40 GMT
Hi,

I am running my Flink job in the local IDE and want to write the results in
a csv file using:

stream.writeAsCsv("...", FileSystem.WriteMode.OVERWRITE).setParallelism(1)

While the file is created, it is empty inside. However, writeAsText works.
I have checked the CsvOutputFormat and I think that I am not reaching the
buffer size. Moreover, flush() is only used in the close function, but I
don't know when the function is called. I am reading my data from a kafka
source, so it would be an infinite stream?

Is there a way to flush the data earlier, for example within the
writeRecord method?

Best regards,
Nico