flink-user mailing list archives

From Nihat Hosgur <nhos...@gmail.com>
Subject Flink SQL on JSON data without schema
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 01:59:51 GMT
Hi there,
We are evaluating flink SQL to understand if it would be a better fit
instead of Spark. So far we loved how natural it is to consume streams on
Flink.

We do read bunch of Kafka topics and like to join those streams and
eventually run some SQL queries. We've used Kafka tables yet if I'm not
mistaken we must provide the schema up front. However on many use cases of
ours we don't have schema information available up front to us. With spark
we didn't have to have the schema. I wonder if it is doable with Flink if
so any reference or even some sample code would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nihat
--
Thanks,