flink-user mailing list archives

From Joe Olson <technol...@nododos.com>
Subject Queryable State and Windows
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2017 13:46:01 GMT
>From what I've read in the documentation, and from the examples I've seen, in order to
make state queryable externally to Flink, the state descriptor variables need access to the
Flink runtime context.

This means the stream processor has to have access to the 'Rich' level objects - 'RichFlatMap'
for example. All the SNAPSHOT1.2 queryable state examples I have seen revolve around RichFlatMap.

Is there a way to get the runtime context exposed so that you can have state descriptor variables
queryable from within a Flink window, while the window is loading?

My processor is built around the following:

.addSource(new FlinkKafkaConsumer010())
.assignTimestampsAndWatermarks(new MyTimestampsAndWatermarks())
.keyBy()
.window(GlobalWindows.create())
.trigger(new myTrigger())
.apply(new myWindowFunction())
.addSink(new mySink())

The only rich object in this chain are available in the apply (RichWindowFunction). But that
is too late - I want to be able to query out whats in the window while it is filling. I know
I have access to onElement in the trigger, and I can set up the state descriptor variables
there, but the variables don't seem to have exposure to the runtime environment within the
trigger.

Is there a way to get queryable state within a Flink window while it is filling?