flink-user mailing list archives

From Jonas <jo...@huntun.de>
Subject Re: Multiple Sources and Isolated Analytics
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2017 16:40:30 GMT
One job can have multiple data sources. You would then have one stream per
source like this:

You can then create separate operator graphs from this so that you have
three
separate computations on the data, maybe like this:

They will be executed separately. However, if you don't want to combine them
or something, I would suggest you to create three jobs.

-- Jonas

fms wrote
> I am new and just starting out with Flink so please forgive if the
> question
> doesn't quite make sense. I would like to evaulate flink for a big data
> pipeline. The part I am confused is i have not seen any example of
> multiple
> streams.
>
> If i have multiple source say from IoT, mobile, web logs, etc... sending
> messages into Kafka, which are then being read in by Flink, and I want to
> query and aggregate each of those sources separately from each other,
> would
> I need to run a separate flink job for each source basically ? If not, how
> would i isolate one set of messages and the analytics that I perform on
> them
> from the other ones ?
>
> If each job is required to be run separately, can they be run in parallel
> ?
>
> Please advise if I am missing something here.

Quoted from: