flink-user mailing list archives

From Michael Pisula <michael.pis...@tngtech.com>
Subject YARN Reserved Memory
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2016 08:19:27 GMT
Hi Guys,

We are having a slight issue using Flink 1.1.3 (we also observed the
problem with 1.0.2) in Yarn 2.4.0. Whenever a TaskManager restarts, YARN
seems to reserve memory during the TaskManager restart, and not free the
memory again. We are using a CapacityScheduler with 2 queues, where the
queue in which our Flink Yarn Session runs has a guaranteed capacity of
75%. What we are seeing, is that the amount of reserved memory is
exactly the amount of memory available in the queue after the
TaskManager is crashed.

On our test system, further TaskManager restarts have been able to get
rid of the TaskManager again. When trying to replicate this on our
production system I was not successful, one difference being, that I
killed a TaskManager with no used slots in prod, while on the test
system jobs were restarted.

Nothing enlightening in the logs, unfortunately.

Is this something that anyone has experienced so far?

Cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Pisula * michael.pisula@tngtech.com * +49-174-3180084
TNG Technology Consulting GmbH, Betastr. 13a, 85774 Unterföhring