flink-user mailing list archives

From Mäki Hanna <Hanna.M...@comptel.com>
Subject Checkpointing
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2016 13:06:44 GMT
Hi,

I'm learning Flink and trying to calculate counters that are checkpointed at given intervals.
Following the examples on page https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.1/apis/streaming/state.html,
except in Scala, I tried to create a function

class CountersWithState extends FlatMapFunction[Event, String] with Checkpointed[Counter]

but Checkpointed seems to be deprecated. What is the currently preferred way to checkpoint
instance fields?

I have also written a version that uses the flatMapWithState function, but in my tests checkpoints
are not created even though I have enabled checkpointing using env.enableCheckpointing(10000).
When I use flatMapToState to calculate the state, do I have to enable checkpointing somehow
explicitly (in addition to env.enableCheckpointing)?

BR,
Hanna
Disclaimer: This message and any attachments thereto are intended solely for the addressed
recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail (including any attachments
thereto) without producing, distributing or retaining any copies thereof. Any review, dissemination
entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. Thank you.