flink-user mailing list archives

From Al-Isawi Rami <Rami.Al-Is...@comptel.com>
Subject Re: Replace Flink job while cluster is down
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2016 14:05:36 GMT
Hi Stefan,

Yes, a cluster of 3 machines. Version 1.1.1

I did not get what is the difference between “remove entry from zookeeper” and “using
flink zookeeper namespaces feature”.

Eventually, I started the cluster and it did recover the old program. However, I was fast
enough to click Cancel in 4 sec, before the first checkpoint kicks (5sec) .

Wouldn’t it make sense that we can still use the fink.sh to deal with jobs and cancel them
even if the cluster is offline or semi offline. I am not sure what is the best solution to
the case that I have faced.

Regards,
-Rami

> On 7 Dec 2016, at 16:10, Stefan Richter <s.richter@data-artisans.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> first a few quick questions: I assume you are running in HA mode, right? Also what version
of Flink are you running?

> In case you are not running HA, nothing is automatically recovered. With HA, you would
need to manually remove the corresponding entry from Zookeeper. If this is the problem, I
suggest using Flink’s Zookeeper namespaces feature, to isolate different runs of a job.

> Best,
> Stefan
>

>> Am 07.12.2016 um 13:20 schrieb Al-Isawi Rami <Rami.Al-Isawi@comptel.com>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have faulty flink streaming program running on a cluster that is consuming from
kafka,so I brought the cluster down. Now I have a new version that has the fix. Now if I bring
up the flink cluster again, the old faulty program will be recovered and it will consume and
stream faulty results. How can i cancel it before brining up the cluster again? there is a
million of kafka messages waiting to be consumed and I do not want the old program to consume
them. The cluster is backed by S3 and I found some blobs there that flink will recover the
old program from, but it sounds like bad idea to just delete them.

>> Any ideas?
>>

>> Regards,
>> -Rami
>> Disclaimer: This message and any attachments thereto are intended solely for the
addressed recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail (including any attachments
thereto) without producing, distributing or retaining any copies thereof. Any review, dissemination
entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. Thank you.