flink-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Richter <s.rich...@data-artisans.com>
Subject Re: Checkpointing
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2016 13:18:33 GMT
Hi,

for Flink 1.2 the ListCheckpointed interface is intended to replace Checkpointed. From a user
perspective they work very similar, but the new interface allows you to break down the state
into smaller, redistributable units (the list items) to support job rescaling. A proper documentation
for the new checkpointing will be provided before the 1.2 release.

Best,
Stefan

> Am 14.12.2016 um 14:06 schrieb Mäki Hanna <Hanna.Maki@comptel.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m learning Flink and trying to calculate counters that are checkpointed at given
intervals. Following the examples on page https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.1/apis/streaming/state.html
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.1/apis/streaming/state.html>,
except in Scala, I tried to create a function

> class CountersWithState extends FlatMapFunction[Event, String] with Checkpointed[Counter]
>
> but Checkpointed seems to be deprecated. What is the currently preferred way to checkpoint
instance fields?

> I have also written a version that uses the flatMapWithState function, but in my tests
checkpoints are not created even though I have enabled checkpointing using env.enableCheckpointing(10000).
When I use flatMapToState to calculate the state, do I have to enable checkpointing somehow
explicitly (in addition to env.enableCheckpointing)?

> BR,
> Hanna
> Disclaimer: This message and any attachments thereto are intended solely for the addressed
recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail (including any attachments
thereto) without producing, distributing or retaining any copies thereof. Any review, dissemination
entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. Thank you.