flink-user mailing list archives

From Anirudh Mallem <anirudh.mal...@247-inc.com>
Subject Query regarding state backend for Custom Map Function
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2016 08:35:20 GMT
Hi Everyone,
I am trying to understand the Working With State feature page of the Flink documentation.
 My question is in case I am using a ValueState in my CustomMap class to store my states with
the RocksDb as my state backend then it is clear that every state value is stored in RocksDb.
Now instead of a ValueState if I just use a normal Java Hashmap to store my states and implement
the Checkpointed interface then will the entire HashMap reside on the RocksDb backend or will
the HashMap be in memory and just the snapshots sent to RocksDb? I am trying to see what will
I lose/gain if I have my own data structure to do state maintenance. Thanks.

Regards,
Anirudh