flink-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Rondé <dominique.ro...@allsecur.de>
Subject AW: Re: Lot of RocksDB files in tmp Directory
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2016 08:21:01 GMT

First of all, thanks for the explanation. That sounds reasonable.
But I started the flink routes 3 days ago and went out for the weekend. Since we are two people
with access to flink i guess there is something strange happen...
GreetsDominique

Von meinem Samsung Gerät gesendet.

Von: "xiaogang.sxg" <xiaogang.sxg@alibaba-inc.com>
Datum: 07.11.16  04:00  (GMT+01:00)
An: user@flink.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Lot of RocksDB files in tmp Directory

RocksDB is orginally  implemented in C. To use it in Java, Flink uses a RocksDB jar with
JNI techniques.
Whenever a Flink job starts, the RocksDB libraries will be loaded. The file named librocksdb*.so
will be extracted from the RocksDB jar and will be put in the tmp directory. So I think you
have run Flink jobs many many times in the three days to get those 451 files.
I don’t think the numerous files are a big problem because they are located in the tmp directory
and  they can be automatically cleaned by OS.
在 2016年11月7日,上午8:24,Dominique Rondé <dominique.ronde@allsecur.de> 写道:

Hi @ll,
we just change the backend from filesystem to RocksDB. Since that time (3 Days) we got 451
files with 1.8 GB stored in the tmp-Directory. All files are named librocksdb*.so
Did we something wrong or is it a Bug?