flink-user mailing list archives

From "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tzuli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: flink-dist shading
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2016 03:23:29 GMT
Hi Craig,

I think the email wasn't sent to the ‘dev’ list, somehow.

Have you tried this:

mvn clean install -DskipTests
# In Maven 3.3 the shading of flink-dist doesn't work properly in one run, so we need to run
mvn for flink-dist again.
cd flink-dist
mvn clean install -DskipTests
I agree that it’ll affect downstream users who need to build Flink themselves, and would
be best if it can be resolved.
The above is still more or less a “workaround”, but since I don’t really know the reason
for why the newer Maven versions
won’t properly shade, we’ll probably need to wait for others more knowledgable on the
build infrastructure to chime in and
see if there’s a good long-term solution.

Best Regards,
Gordon