flink-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Santos <dsan...@cryptolab.net>
Subject JVM Non Heap Memory
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2016 14:26:15 GMT
Hello,

Is it common to have high usage of Non-Heap in JVM ?

I am running flink in stand-alone cluster and in docker, with each
docker bieng capped at 6G of memory.

I have been struggling to keep memory usage in check.

The non-heap increases to no end. It start with just 100MB of usage and
after a day it reaches to 1,3GB.

Then evetually reaches to 2GB and then eventually the docker is killed
because it has reached the memory limit.

My configuration for each flink task manager is the following :

taskmanager.heap.mb: 3072
taskmanager.numberOfTaskSlots: 8
taskmanager.memory.preallocate: false
taskmanager.network.numberOfBuffers: 12500
taskmanager.memory.off-heap: false

What would be the possible causes of such behavior ?

Best Regards,

Daniel Santos