flink-user mailing list archives

From Dominik Safaric <dominiksafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Cannot connect to the JobManager - Flink 1.1.3 cluster mode
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2016 21:05:06 GMT
Hi all,

As I’ve been setting up a cluster comprised of three worker nodes and a master node, I’ve
encountered the problem that the JobManager although running is unreachable.

The master instance has access using SSH to all worker nodes. The worker nodes do not however
have access via SSH to the master node. Hence, could this be the reason for the exception
being thrown? Interestedly, I keep getting the same exception even when running as a local
cluster. If I try to connect to the JobManager manually by executing for example bin/flink
list I am however able to connect to the JobManager.

In regard to other services, such as the state backend configured via Zookeeper, the master
is able to connect to e.g. Zookeeper running on a different node of the cluster - checked
by examining the ZNode created.

Next, Flink imposes this requirement of SSH when running in cluster mode.  Since the cluster
I am running has a VNET configured, could SSH be bypassed or is it a must?

Thanks in advance,
Dominik