flink-user mailing list archives

From "Foster, Craig" <foscr...@amazon.com>
Subject Re: flink-dist shading
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2016 17:27:08 GMT
Thanks for explaining, Robert and Gordon. For however it helps, I’ll comment on the original
Maven issue which seems to be affecting many people. I am trying to create RPMs using BigTop
and am still not quite sure how to handle this case. I guess what I could do is build the
parent first in our script and then build flink-dist again as described in the instructions.
I’ll try that out and see if it resolves the issue.

From: Robert Metzger <rmetzger@apache.org>
Date: Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 4:08 AM
To: "user@flink.apache.org" <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Re: flink-dist shading

Hi Craig,
I also received only this email (and I'm a moderator of the dev@ list, so the message never
made it into Apache's infra)

When this issue was first reported [1][2] I asked on the Maven mailing list what's going on
[3]. I think this JIRA contains the most information on the issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5899
It doesn't seem that Maven is going to fix the issue anytime soon.

One idea I had regarding this issue was to print a warning in the maven output if we detect
Maven 3.3 at build time.

[3] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.turbine.maven.user/137621

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 7:23 PM, Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai <tzulitai@apache.org<mailto:tzulitai@apache.org>>