flink-user mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flink Kafka Connector behaviour on leader change and broker upgrade
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2016 12:21:10 GMT
Hi,
yes, the Flink Kafka connector for Kafka 0.8 handles broker leader changes
without failing. The SimpleConsumer provided by Kafka 0.8 doesn't handle
that.

The 0.9 Flink Kafka consumer also supports broker leader changes
transparently.
If you keep using the Flink Kafka 0.8 connector with a 0.9 broker, you will
need to change the protocol version of the 0.9 broker, so that the old
client can talk to it. I would recommend using matching consumer and broker
versions.

Regards,
Robert