flink-user mailing list archives

From Luis Mariano Guerra <mari...@event-fabric.com>
Subject Re: emit partial state in window (streaming)
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 14:29:36 GMT
On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 2:06 PM, Kostas Kloudas <k.kloudas@data-artisans.com>
wrote:

> Hi Luis,
>
> Can you try to comment the whole final windowing and see if this is works?
> This includes the following lines:
>
>   .windowAll(TumblingEventTimeWindows.of(Time.of(windowTime, timeUnit)))
>   .trigger(new PartialWindowTrigger<>(partialWindowTime, timeUnit,
> windowTime, timeUnit))
>   .apply(creator.create(), windowAllFold, windowAllMerge);

commenting it emits on fire, how do I make the trigger "go thorough" the
windowAll, or if not possible, how can I join the substreams in one stream
and respect the trigger?

> An additional note is that I would go for registering an event time timer
> at the onEventTime
> instead of checking the timestamp on the onElement(). This is because with
> your implementation,
> in order to fire a computation, you always have to wait for an element
> outside the partial window interval to arrive.

then I think I understood the purpose of registering the event time timer
wrong, isn't "ctx.registerEventTimeTimer(window.getEnd())" called to
register a timer to call onEventTime?