flink-user mailing list archives

From Clifford Resnick <cresn...@mediamath.com>
Subject Why are externalized checkpoints deleted on Job Manager exit?
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 20:52:23 GMT
Testing externalized checkpoints in a YARN-based cluster, configured with:

env.getCheckpointConfig.enableExternalizedCheckpoints(ExternalizedCheckpointCleanup.RETAIN_ON_CANCELLATION);

I can confirm that checkpoint is retained between cancelled jobs, however it’s deleted when
the Job Manager session is gracefully shutdown. We’d really like for the persistent checkpoint
to be treated like a Savepoint and not be deleted. Is there a way to enable this?