flink-user mailing list archives

From "xiaogang.sxg" <xiaogang....@alibaba-inc.com>
Subject Re: Lot of RocksDB files in tmp Directory
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2016 03:00:39 GMT
RocksDB is orginally  implemented in C. To use it in Java, Flink uses a RocksDB jar with JNI
techniques.

Whenever a Flink job starts, the RocksDB libraries will be loaded. The file named librocksdb*.so
will be extracted from the RocksDB jar and will be put in the tmp directory. So I think you
have run Flink jobs many many times in the three days to get those 451 files.

I don’t think the numerous files are a big problem because they are located in the tmp directory
and  they can be automatically cleaned by OS.

> 在 2016年11月7日,上午8:24,Dominique Rondé <dominique.ronde@allsecur.de>
写道:

> Hi @ll,
>
> we just change the backend from filesystem to RocksDB. Since that time (3 Days) we got
451 files with 1.8 GB stored in the tmp-Directory. All files are named librocksdb*.so