flink-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Richter <s.rich...@data-artisans.com>
Subject Re: Container JMX port setting / discovery for Flink on YARN
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2016 09:28:41 GMT
Hi,

can you try adding the following to your flink.yaml?

env.java.opts: -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=9999

Best,
Stefan

> Am 24.11.2016 um 16:47 schrieb Yury Ruchin <yuri.ruchin@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> I want to enable JMX for my Flink streaming app running in YARN session. How can I specify
which ports containers will listen to? If I cannot control it (e. g. they will be chosen randomly)
- how can I detect which ports were picked by containers: inspecting logs, looking at the
Web UI etc.?

> Example: in Apache Storm it is easy to derive JMX port numbers from worker port (slot)
numbers and pass it as a JVM argument to the worker start command, so that every slot is always
associated with a stable and well-known JMX port.