flink-user mailing list archives

From Chesnay Schepler <ches...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release Process
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 21:21:09 GMT
Hello,

Every contribution to the master branch will be released as part of the
next minor version, in your case this would be 1.2.
We are currently aiming for a release in December.

In between minor versions several bug-fix versions are released (1.1.1,
1.1.2 etc.). For these the community picks
commits to include, which is decided on the mailing list in the
discussion thread for the respective release.

Note that (afaik) no contributor scans through all recently resolved
JIRA's when these discussions starts, but generally
only adds the ones he is aware of at the moment or was directly involved
in. As such it can happen that fixes fall
through the cracks and are never included in a bug-fix release, which is
what happened here.

Regards,
Chesnay