flink-user mailing list archives

From Theodore Vasiloudis <theodoros.vasilou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FlinkML - Fail to execute QuickStart example
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2016 19:34:07 GMT
That is my bad, I must have been testing against a private branch when
writing the guide, the SVM as it stands only has a predict operation for
Vector not LabeledVector.

IMHO I would like to have a predict operator for LabeledVector for all
predictors (that would just call the existing Vector prediction
internally), but IIRC we decided to go with an Evaluate operator instead as
written in the evaluation PR <https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/1849>.

I'll make a PR to fix the guide, any chance you can create a JIRA for this?

Regards,
Theodore

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 6:22 PM, Thomas FOURNIER <
thomasfournier314@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Executing the following code (see QuickStart):
>
> val env = ExecutionEnvironment.getExecutionEnvironment
> val survival = env.readCsvFile[(String, String, String, String)]("src/main/resources/haberman.data",
",")

> val survivalLV = survival
>   .map { tuple =>
>     val list = tuple.productIterator.toList
>     val numList = list.map(_.asInstanceOf[String].toDouble)
>     LabeledVector(numList(3), DenseVector(numList.take(3).toArray))
>   }
>

> val astroTrain = MLUtils.readLibSVM(env, "src/main/resources/svmguide1")
> val astroTest = MLUtils.readLibSVM(env, "src/main/resources/svmguide1.t")
>

> val svm = SVM()
>   .setBlocks(env.getParallelism)
>   .setIterations(100)
>   .setRegularization(0.001)
>   .setStepsize(0.1)
>   .setSeed(42)
>
> svm.fit(astroTrain)
> svm.predict(astroTest)
>

> I encounter the following error:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: There is no PredictOperation defined
for org.apache.flink.ml.classification.SVM which takes a DataSet[org.apache.flink.ml.common.LabeledVector]
as input.