flink-user mailing list archives

From Li Wang <wangli1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A question regarding to the checkpoint mechanism
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2016 02:28:20 GMT
Hi All,

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Li

> On Oct 15, 2016, at 11:17 AM, Li Wang <wangli1426@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> As far as I know, a stateful operator will checkpoint its current state to a persistent
storage when it receives all the barrier from all of its upstream operators. My question is
that does the operator doing the checkpoint need to pause processing the input tuples for
the next batch until the checkpoint is done?  If yes, will it introduce significant processing
latency when the state is large. If no, does this need the operator state to be immutable?