flink-user mailing list archives

From Dayong <will...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to stop job through java API
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2016 11:25:56 GMT
Now, I am able to create an class of flink she'll front end UI class. Once I have this instance,
I can launch cmd in Java. Cmd has features to connect remote resource manager to do most if
actions.

Thanks,
Will

> On Oct 3, 2016, at 4:31 AM, "LINZ, Arnaud" <ALINZ@bouyguestelecom.fr> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a similar issue. Here is how I deal with programmatically stopping permanent streaming
jobs, and I’m interested in knowing if there is a better way now.

> Currently, I use hand-made streaming sources that periodically check for some flag and
end if a stop request was made.  Stopping the source allow the on-going streaming jobs to
finish smoothly.
> That way, by using a “live file” presence check in my sources, and creating a “stopped
ok file” when the streaming execution ends ok, I’m able to make  “a stopping shell script”
that notify the streaming chain of a user cancellation by deleting the “live file” and
checking for the “stopped ok file” in a waiting loop before ending.

> This stopping shell script allow me to automate “stop/start” scripts when I need
to perform some task (like a reference table refresh) that requires the streaming job to be
stopped (without cancelling it from the rest interface, so without relying on the snapshot
system to prevent the loss of intermediate data, and allowing me to implement clean-up code
if needed).

> The drawback of this method is not being able to use “off-the-shelf” sources directly,
I always have to wrap or patch them to implement the live file check.

> Best regards,
> Arnaud

ne peut être tenue responsable de son contenu ni de ses pièces jointes. Toute utilisation
ou diffusion non autorisée est interdite. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce message,
merci de le détruire et d'avertir l'expéditeur.

> The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet. The company that
sent this message cannot therefore be held liable for its content nor attachments. Any unauthorized
use or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
then please delete it and notify the sender.