flink-user mailing list archives

From Li Wang <wangli1...@gmail.com>
Subject A question regarding to the checkpoint mechanism
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2016 03:17:38 GMT
Hi all,

As far as I know, a stateful operator will checkpoint its current state to a persistent storage
when it receives all the barrier from all of its upstream operators. My question is that does
the operator doing the checkpoint need to pause processing the input tuples for the next batch
until the checkpoint is done?  If yes, will it introduce significant processing latency when
the state is large. If no, does this need the operator state to be immutable?

Thanks,
Li