flink-user mailing list archives

From <lg...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: What is the best way to load/add patterns dynamically (at runtime) with Flink?
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2016 21:40:24 GMT
We also have the same requirement - we want to allow the user to change the matching patterns
and have them take effect immediately. I'm wondering whether the proposed trigger DSL takes
us one step closer:(I don't think it solves the problem) or we have to dynamically generate
Flink job JAR files when the matching rules/patterns are changed and submit them to Flink.

- LF

      From: PedroMrChaves <pedro.mr.chaves@gmail.com>
 To: user@flink.apache.org
 Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 2:01 PM
 Subject: What is the best way to load/add patterns dynamically (at runtime) with Flink?

Hello,

I am new to Apache Flink and am trying to build a CEP using Flink's API. One
of the requirements is the ability to add/change patterns at runtime for
anomaly detection (maintaining the systems availability). Any Ideas of how
could I do that?

For instance, If I have a stream of security events (accesses,
authentications ,etc.) and a pattern for detecting anomalies I would like to
be able to change that pattern parameters, for instance instead of detecting
the occurrence of events A->B->C I would like to change the condition on B
to B’ in order to have a new rule. Moreover, I would like to be able to
create new patterns dynamically as new use cases arise.

Best Regards,
Pedro Chaves