flink-user mailing list archives

From <lg...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Listening to timed-out patterns in Flink CEP
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2016 17:37:10 GMT
>>FLINK-3320 (CEP "not" operator) does not address this because again, how would the
"not match" be triggered if no event at all occurs?
Good question.
I'm not sure whether the following will work:
This could be done by creating a CEP matching pattern that uses both of "notNext" (or "notFollowedBy")
and "within" constructs. Something like this:
Pattern<Event, ?> pattern = Pattern.<Event>begin("first")
    .notNext("second")
    .within(Time.seconds(3));

I'm hoping Flink CEP experts (Till?) will comment on this.
Note: I have requested these negation patterns to be implemented in Flink CEP, but notNext/notFollowedBy
are not yet implemented in Flink..

- LF