flink-user mailing list archives

From <robert.lancas...@hyatt.com>
Subject native snappy library not available
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2016 11:07:17 GMT
I have flink running on a standalone cluster, but with a Hadoop cluster available to it.  I’m
using a RollingSink and a SequenceFileWriter, and I’ve set compression to Snappy:

.setWriter(new SequenceFileWriter<Text, Text>("org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.SnappyCodec",
SequenceFile.CompressionType.BLOCK))

However, when I try to run this job, I get an error indicating that the native snappy ibrary
is not available:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: native snappy library not available: this version of
libhadoop was built without snappy support.
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.SnappyCodec.checkNativeCodeLoaded(SnappyCodec.java:65)

I’ve tried adding the snappy java jar to the classpath.  I’ve also tried adding the native
dir to the classpath.  Neither have helped.
-C file://usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client/lib/snappy-java-1.0.4.1.jar
-C file://usr/hdp/current/hadoop/lib/native/

Any thoughts on how I can get this to work?

Thanks!

The information contained in this communication is confidential and intended only for the
use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged and exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please resend it to the sender
and delete the original message and copy of it from your computer system. Opinions, conclusions
and other information in this message that do not relate to our official business should be
understood as neither given nor endorsed by the company.