flink-user mailing list archives

From Steffen Hausmann <stef...@hausmann-family.de>
Subject Re: NoClassDefFoundError with ElasticsearchSink on Yarn
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2016 20:26:22 GMT
Thanks Aris for your explanation!

A guava version mismatch was indeed the problem. But in addition to
shading the guava dependencies, I encountered another issue caused by
conflicting files in META-INF/services:

> RemoteTransportException[[Failed to deserialize response of type [org.elasticsearch.action.admin.cluster.node.liveness.LivenessResponse]]];
nested: TransportSerializationException[Failed to deserialize response of type [org.elasticsearch.action.admin.cluster.node.liveness.LivenessResponse]];
nested: ExceptionInInitializerError; nested: IllegalArgumentException[An SPI class of type
org.apache.lucene.codecs.PostingsFormat with name 'Lucene50' does not exist.  You need to
add the corresponding JAR file supporting this SPI to your classpath.  The current classpath
supports the following names: [es090, completion090, XBloomFilter]];

By adding the following bits to my pom.xml file, the conflicting files
are appended instead of overwritten and hence the ElasticSearch sink
works as expected:

> <transformer implementation="org.apache.maven.plugins.shade.resource.AppendingTransformer">
>     <resource>META-INF/services/org.apache.lucene.codecs.Codec</resource>
> </transformer>
> <transformer implementation="org.apache.maven.plugins.shade.resource.AppendingTransformer">
>     <resource>META-INF/services/org.apache.lucene.codecs.DocValuesFormat</resource>
> </transformer>
> <transformer implementation="org.apache.maven.plugins.shade.resource.AppendingTransformer">
>    <resource>META-INF/services/org.apache.lucene.codecs.PostingsFormat</resource>
> </transformer>

Maybe this is something that can be added to the documentation?

Thanks,
Steffen