flink-user mailing list archives

From Kostas Kloudas <k.klou...@data-artisans.com>
Subject Re: emit watermarks
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2016 08:54:22 GMT
Hi Radu,

Watermarks cannot be emitted by the triggers.
Their responsibility is just to tell the operator to do (or not do) sth
with the data it has gathered. Thus the name Trigger :P.

Eviction policies allow you to also filter some elements out
before applying your function. But that is as far as it goes
concerning input element modification.

For emitting watermarks you should look at the
assignTimestampsAndWatermarks methods in the
DataStream API.

Cheers,
Kostas

> On Sep 22, 2016, at 10:44 AM, Radu Tudoran <radu.tudoran@huawei.com> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> Is there some way to emit a watermark in the trigger?
>
> I see that in the evictor there is the option to check the StreamRecord<Object>
if it is a watermark..so I would hope that there is some option also to create them