flink-user mailing list archives

From Ufuk Celebi <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Controlling savepoints from inside an application
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 13:39:09 GMT
Hey Aldo,

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 3:17 PM, Astrac <aldo.strac@gmail.com> wrote:
> * Configure the savepoint path while we build the StreamExecutionEnvironment
> rather than in flink-conf.yml
> * Manually read a savepoint rather than passing it via the CLI

what you describe is not possible right now, but I'm working on
unifying savepoints and checkpoints [1]. With the upcoming changes for
this, it will be possible to provide the paths in the environment.
What do you mean with manually reading a savepoint?

I would really appreciate some feedback on the FLIP, too. There is a
corresponding [DISCUSS] thread for comments.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-10%3A+Unify+Checkpoints+and+Savepoints