flink-user mailing list archives

From Luis Mariano Guerra <mari...@event-fabric.com>
Subject solution for this kryo serialization problem? (also: update to kryo 4.0.0?)
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2016 10:22:48 GMT
hi, I created an issue at kryo with a simple project that reproduces the
problem, but still asking here in case anyone knows a solution:

https://github.com/EsotericSoftware/kryo/issues/462

basically, I get an error trying to serialize a simple tree like structure,
the error happens with a 2 node, 1 leaf tree so it's not a recursion
problem caused by the size of the data.

anyone knows a way to avoid this error?

also, in the repo I tried with the 3 latest stable versions of kryo
(2.24.0, 3.0.3 an 4.0.0) and 4.0.0 seems to fix it, I tried building flink
and testing the update and with 3.0.3 it seems to work, but the build fails
for 4.0.0, didn't looked much into details since I hadn't much time.

I think at least moving to 3.0.3 would be a good thing in case this is
true: https://twitter.com/novoj/status/780693354610880514