flink-user mailing list archives

From Anchit Jatana <development.anc...@gmail.com>
Subject How to interact with a running flink application?
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 07:37:02 GMT
Hi All,

*Brief:* I have a use case where I need to interact with a running flink
application.

*Detail:*

My Flink application has a *Kafka source*, *an operator processing on the
content received* from the Kafka stream(this operator is using a lookup
from an external source file to accomplish the processing of the Kafka
content). If the content of the file kept at the same source location
changes, I need to notify the operator to update its lookup content loaded
in the memory and continue its processing of Kafka content with the new
loaded lookup content without stopping the Flink application.

Is there a way where I can "interact with the running Flink Application"
through some event or something to notify the application to make some
changes in its operation without stopping the application.

Thank you!

Regards,
Anchit