flink-user mailing list archives

From "Ramanan, Buvana (Nokia - US)" <buvana.rama...@nokia-bell-labs.com>
Subject TaskManager & task slots
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2016 18:31:33 GMT
Hello,

I would like to understand the following better:

https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.1/setup/config.html#configuring-taskmanager-processing-slots

Fundamental question - what is the notion of Task Slot? Does it correspond to one JVM? Or
the Task Manager itself corresponds to one JVM?
Example-1 shows a parallelism of 1 and has 3 operators - flatMap, Reduce & Sink. Here
comes the question - are these 3 operators running a separate threads within a JVM?

Sorry for the naïve questions. I studied the following links and could not get a clear answer:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.1/internals/general_arch.html
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.1/internals/job_scheduling.html

Are there more documents under Flink's wiki site / elsewhere? Please point me to more info
on the architecture.

thank you,
regards,
Buvana