flink-user mailing list archives

From Neil Derraugh <neil.derra...@intellifylearning.com>
Subject Re: Events B33/35 in Parallel Streams Diagram
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2016 15:43:20 GMT
Hi Fabian,

Yes.  Thanks!  I think it would be helpful to indicate that on the graph.  Call it “key”
or “key_id" instead of just “id”, as it is in fact the key of the stream and not the
id of the event?  Probably seems trivial, but I struggled with this one. haha.  I’ll submit
a PR for the docs if there’s interest.

Neil

> On Sep 29, 2016, at 11:36 AM, Fabian Hueske <fhueske@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Neil,
>
> "B" only refers to the key-part of the record, the number is the timestamp (as you assumed
out). The payload of the record is not displayed in the figure. So B35 and B31 are two different
records with identical key.
> The keyBy() operation sends all records with the same key to the same subtask.
>
> Does that answer you question?
>
> Best, Fabian

> Hi,
>
> I’m confused about the meaning of event(s?) B33 and B35 in the Parallel Streams Diagram
(https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/dev/event_time.html#watermarks-in-parallel-streams
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/dev/event_time.html#watermarks-in-parallel-streams>).
Why are there are two events with the same id on the diagram?  Is this supposed to represent
an event emitted twice from the source with differing timestamps?