flink-user mailing list archives

From Till Rohrmann <trohrm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CEP and Within Clause
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 14:02:48 GMT
Hi Sameer,

the within clause of CEP uses neither tumbling nor sliding windows. It is
more like a session window which is started whenever an element which
matches the starting condition arrives. As long as new events which fulfill
the pattern definition arrive within the length of the window, they will be
added. If the pattern should not be completed within the specified time
interval, the partially matched pattern will be discarded. If you've
specified a timeout handler, then the timeout handler is called with the
partial pattern.

At the moment, there is no way to re-insert elements in the upstream.
Actually there is also no need for it because the CEP operator will detect
the alert patterns if there are two temperature readings > 150 within 6
seconds.

Cheers,
Till