flink-user mailing list archives

From Baswaraj Kasture <baswaraj_kast...@persistent.com>
Subject problem running flink using remote environment
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 06:02:21 GMT
I am using flink 1.1.1.
I am trying to run flink streaming program (kafka as source).
It works perfectly when I use
StreamExecutionEnvironment env = StreamExecutionEnvironment.getExecutionEnvironment();

But, problem is when I use one of the following to create env.

StreamExecutionEnvironment env = StreamExecutionEnvironment.createRemoteEnvironment("103.179.55.121",
6123, new Configuration(), "/home/me/my.jar");

Or

StreamExecutionEnvironment env = StreamExecutionEnvironment.createRemoteEnvironment("103.179.55.121",
6123,  "/home/me/my.jar");

Here is stack trace of the error:

Using address 103.179.55.121:6123 to connect to JobManager.
JobManager web interface address http://103.179.55.121:8081
Starting execution of program

The program finished with the following exception:

The RemoteEnvironment cannot be used when submitting a program through a client, or running
in a TestEnvironment context.
        org.apache.flink.streaming.api.environment.RemoteStreamEnvironment.<init>(RemoteStreamEnvironment.java:133)
        org.apache.flink.streaming.api.environment.RemoteStreamEnvironment.<init>(RemoteStreamEnvironment.java:104)
        org.apache.flink.streaming.api.environment.StreamExecutionEnvironment.createRemoteEnvironment(StreamExecutionEnvironment.java:1659)

Am I missing anything ? Where How do I get instruction to get this working ?
I started flink cluster using:
$ bin/start-cluster.sh

Command I used to submit the job:

$ bin/flink run -c com.mine.Kafka  /home/me/my.jar

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.