flink-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Ge Wu <andrew.ge...@eniro.com>
Subject Re: Release notes 1.1.0?
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 12:52:44 GMT
Hi Aljoscha

Plan attached, there are split streams and union operations around, but here is how windows
are created

Let me know if I’m doing something out of ordinary here.

Thanks!

Andrew

> On 09 Aug 2016, at 14:18, Aljoscha Krettek <aljoscha@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> could you maybe post how exactly you specify the window? Also, did you set a "stream
time characteristic", for example EventTime?

> That could help us pinpoint the problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Aljoscha
>
> On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 at 12:42 Andrew Ge Wu <andrew.ge-wu@eniro.com <mailto:andrew.ge-wu@eniro.com>>
wrote:
> I rolled back to 1.0.3
>
> If I understand this correctly, the peak when topology starts is because it is trying
to fill all the buffers, but I can not see that in 1.1.0.

>> On 09 Aug 2016, at 12:10, Robert Metzger <rmetzger@apache.org <mailto:rmetzger@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> Which source are you using?
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 11:50 AM, Andrew Ge Wu <andrew.ge-wu@eniro.com <mailto:andrew.ge-wu@eniro.com>>
wrote:
>> Hi Robert
>>

>> Thanks for the quick reply, I guess I’m one of the early birds.
>> Yes, it is much slower, I’m not sure why, I copied slaves, masters, log4j.properties
and flink-conf.yaml directly from 1.0.3
>> I have parallelization 1 on my sources, I can increase that to achieve the same speed,
but I’m interested to know why is that.

<http://flink.apache.org/news/2016/08/08/release-1.1.0.html>, http://flink.apache.org/blog/release_1.1.0-changelog.html
<http://flink.apache.org/blog/release_1.1.0-changelog.html>

>>> What does the chart say? Are the results different? is Flink faster or slower
now?

>>> Regards,
>>> Robert
>>>
>>> On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 11:32 AM, Andrew Ge Wu <andrew.ge-wu@eniro.com <mailto:andrew.ge-wu@eniro.com>>
wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We found out there is a new stable version released: 1.1.0 but we can not find
any release note.
>>> Do anyone know where to find it?
>>>

>>> We are experience some change of behavior, I’m not sure if it is related.
>>>
>>> <PastedGraphic-1.png>
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> Andrew
>>>
>>> Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission may contain confidential or
legally privileged information that is intended only for the individual or entity named in
the e-mail address. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance upon the contents of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this message.